HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
This privacy notice applies to the information we hold about you. It applies to you if you have applied for or received information from us. In this notice, 'we' or 'us' mean Salad Finance Limited, trading as Salad Money, registered in England No. 11006249 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority registration number 795723. Salad Finance Limited is the data controller and is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) registration number ZA426089. Our registered address is 49 Greek Street, London, London, W1D 4EG.
Salad Money is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and your complete confidence in how we handle your data is important to us. Please read our notice carefully, as it tells you how we collect, use, store and share your information. By using our website, you will be regarded as having read and accepted this privacy notice. If you do not wish to be bound by the terms of this privacy notice, you should not use our website.
Where we process your personal information, we will ensure that we have a lawful basis to do so for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, or for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
Failure to provide personal data for these purposes may mean that we cannot perform the services requested or you may not be able to use the products and/or services we offer.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information from you through our website, emails or correspondence you send us and through telephone calls with our service teams.
We will only collect information which is necessary in providing information about our products and services to you. This includes your personal information such as your name, date of birth, residential address, employment details, telephone number and email address.
By submitting your personal information to us, you are confirming that the information you are giving is correct and relates to you.
We will also collect information about you from the details you permit us access to us to see from your bank account. We will use this information to make sure that any Salad Money products you apply for are affordable to you.
We will also collect other information about you and the devices you use to access our websites, or we may ask third parties to do this for us, using technologies such as cookies.
We may collect any personal information which you provide to us voluntarily, for example by completing a form on any of our websites or in hard copy, by taking part in a survey, in a phone conversation or by emailing us.
Where we seek information from you, giving this information is your choice and if you choose not to give all or some of it to us, this may affect our ability to provide you with the products and/or services you require.
Insurance number, length of service and/or other details to assist the payroll department at your employer to make salary deductions where these are applicable.
Images of identification documents may be requested to prove your identity, address and employment status as we are required to do so by law.
Open Banking information
In order to assess eligibility for a Salad Money product, we require information from your bank, which is usually found on bank statements, through a process called Open Banking. With your consent, your bank will provide transactional information from your accounts. We use this to assess whether you can afford the loan for which you have applied and that you are employed by an employer through which we can make salary deductions. Where you have been accepted for a Salad Money loan, we will use the bank account information to send your loan funds to you into the account where you receive your main income. We will also set up a Direct Debit mandate to allow us to collect repayments via Direct Debit, and in the case of salary deducted loans, in the event that collecting loan repayments from your salary is not possible.
- your preferred settings
- your browser type
- your operating system
- Internet Protocol (IP) address (a way of identifying your internet connection)
- when you access our website
- which pages you visit
- the actions you take on each page
Recording our calls
We may record and monitor our telephone calls to help improve the products and/or services we provide to you.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Your information will be used:
- To verify your eligibility and suitability for our products
- To provide our products and services to you
- To remain in contact with you by email, SMS, post and telephone
- To provide and improve the customer support we provide to you
- To comply with any legal or regulatory requirements
- To administer the disbursal of loan funds and the collection of loan repayments (whether by salary deduction or otherwise)
Where you have provided explicit consent on your application for us to provide you with information on our products and services, we may:
- Contact you to conduct research to improve our product and services
- Contact you to inform you of our financial education products and services
The information we use in determining eligibility for Salad Money products
When you apply for Salad Money products, we will use personal information and the open banking data in forming a decision of whether you are eligible.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH OTHERS
We only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
- Compliance with our legal obligations. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital interests. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Third party service providers. We may share your information with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, marketing efforts and professional services (including consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services). They will only have access to your information to the extent that they need to perform those services. They are required to keep your information confidential and may not use it other than as we ask them to and always in accordance with this notice.
- Business transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- Financing. We may share your information with, or transfer your information to, any financial institution, bank, trust or fund with whom we or any member of our group of companies (including parent and subsidiary undertakings) has entered into a loan or other financing agreement (in accordance with our contractual obligations set out in the relevant loan or other financing agreement).
- Business Partners. Provided you have given us consent to do so we may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
- Your employer. We may share relevant information with your employer, but this will be limited to information required to identify you to your organisation for the purpose of processing salary deductions and non-personal statistical data (such as the age range of site users) and will not include any information that could identify you personally.
- Anonymous information. We may disclose anonymous information (i.e. information from which you cannot be personally identified), or insights based on that anonymous information, to selected third parties, including (without limitation): (a) our parent company Salad Projects Limited (company number 10988702), which passes that information on to the University of Edinburgh and NHS Trusts, to enable research into the financial resilience of NHS employees and to inform policy making for those responsible for employee financial health and well-being; and (b) analytics and search engine providers to assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the services that we provide. In these circumstances we do not disclose any information which can identify you personally.
- With your consent. We may disclose your information for any other purpose with your consent.
USING OTHER WEBSITES
Our websites may contain links to websites which are owned or controlled by parties other than Salad Money. These links are provided for your convenience and do not imply that we have reviewed or condone the third-party sites, their content or their privacy policies.
When using other websites, you must be aware that any personal information you supply will be dealt with in line with their privacy policies. This Privacy Notice only applies to this website so when you click through to other websites you should read their own privacy policies and terms and conditions before giving them any of your personal information.
Our website may also automatically transfer you to a third-party site in order to fulfil the services we provide to you. In such cases, we will carry out due diligence to ensure third parties have the appropriate data protection requirements in place.
When you access linked third-party websites, you do so at your own risk. These sites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. We will not be held liable for any misuse of your information or other misconduct by the third party.
WHERE IN THE WORLD WE SEND INFORMATION
Salad Money is based in the UK, and this is where we operate our software platform.
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
If you become a customer of Salad Money, which means you receive a loan from us, we will retain your information indefinitely in order to show how we carried at the affordability assessment at the point you were granted the loan. If you do not become a customer of Salad Money, we will dispose of your data after 3 months.
AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING
In some instances, our use of your personal information may result in automated decisions being taken. By “automated decisions” we mean decisions made solely by automated means (for example, software algorithms) without any human review.
We use automated decisions to assess your suitability for our products (including their affordability), so that we can determine efficiently and accurately whether to offer you the products you apply for (and therefore whether we can enter into a contract with you) and so that we can perform our obligations under our contract as a responsible lender.
The personal information that we may use as part of any automated decisions includes the information that you (or third parties) provide to us, as described above.
When we make an automated decision about you, you have the right to contest the decision, to express your point of view, and to require a human review of the decision. You can exercise this right by emailing us at email@example.com. If you object to automated decision-making, this may affect our ability to provide you with the products and/or services that you request.
You have rights relating to the way that we use your information.
You have the right to:
- Ask us to send you a copy of the information we hold about you. - We have up to 30 days to respond to your request.
- Ask us to correct or delete any incorrect or incomplete information we hold about you
- Ask us to stop using your information (if there is no legal reason for us to hold or use it)
- Ask us to transfer a copy of some of your information to you or another organisation where this is technically possible
- Ask us to stop or start sending marketing message at any time
HOW TO MAKE A COMPLAINT
We endeavour to deliver the best levels of customer service in relation to information management. If your think we are falling short, please contact our data protection officer using the details set out below
The Data Protection Officer
Salad Finance Limited
49 Geek Street
You have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office, the supervisory authority.
Information Commissioner’s Office,
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, K9 5AF
0303 123 1113
We set out our full complaints handling procedure in the FAQ section of our website.
We can update this Privacy notice at any time and will place any updates on our website. This privacy notice was updated on 7 October 2020.